2018 Resolutions (or any year)
Here is a little helpful tip for your 2018 goals from your favorite Las Vegas Photographer...
Everyone is setting up their resolutions for next year. I am. Are you?
So, let's make ourselves successful this year. Let's achieve our goals. Do you need a little help setting up yours? This is what I did.
- I made my goal for the year (I have a business and personal goal)
- I mapped out my year, so that I would be able to meet my goal.
- What are you going to do to get this goal?
- I shared my goal with a another photographer/friend.
- I wanted to make sure it was something that was obtainable.
- I wanted to see what their thoughts were on my plan. Was it something that can be done?
- I got help. If you need assistance with your goal, then get it.
- Start working on your goal today!
- List your struggles. How will you overcome them?
- If you are not successful today, try tomorrow.
So, let me tell show you...
- Goal: to shoot 60 + photography sessions this year and build my portfolio with sessions that I LOVE
- I used my planner to map out themes for each month. Each month I plan on shooting 5 sessions that fit into this theme. So, January is "Women Glamor", February is "Engagement", March is "princess sessions" and so forth... I plan
- I plan on doing model calls for each month to get my first 3, and if needed all 5. I am hopeful, that when people post their images from the first three sessions, I will get referrals to get the rest of my numbers. However, if I do not get the referrals, I WILL model call to get the other ones needed.
- I share with my fellow photographer friend, she helped me make some adjustments for themes, and we discussed where each theme would fit the best.
- I bought the dresses for the princess sessions. I found a hair and make-up artist to work with for January's glamor.
- I started to find people for my session for January already. I am working on booking the session before the month has stated.
- Struggles, because let's be honest, they are real!
- Becoming busy and forgetting to putting things off to the side. (set a planning day or two for the next month)
- Making excuses (I did three families so I only need two "themed" sessions this month. (Not accepting my excuses)
- Planning to late in the month. (I am going to try to plan the month before and book the sessions for the first two week of the month)
- Traveling/ Family/ Work (Mapping out my month before it happens)
- Nothing finding enough people. (I'm going to talk to everyone, this is kinda hard for me)
- Always thinking of what else I can do. Writing things down, so I do not forget.
Comment below with your goals...
So, this is not the only way. This is not the right way. However, this is the WAY that I am going to MAKE 2018 great. Here is a sample for January, February, & March.